Thursday, November 21, 2013

Advocare 10 day cleanse

I jumped on the bandwagon. I've been reading about this cleanse on some blogs that I love so I decided to try it out. I didn't think it would be very hard for me because I eat pretty clean anyway. Sure I was sad about cutting bread and crackers. I love my carbs! But other than that I wasn't worried. I was pretty scared of the fiber drink, though! So here is a day by day of how I felt during the cleanse.
 
Monday- First day, easy peasy. The fiber drink is just thick. I mixed it with OJ and it tasted fine. I felt great other than my stomach feeling a bit rumbly all day. But then in the evening my monthly friend came to visit, so that could be why. I ate a small bowl of Mini Wheats (probably not supposed to but whatever) along with the fiber drink. Strawberries and grapes for morning snack. A big delicious salad for lunch. A serving of cashews and raw carrots and my protein shake for afternoon snack. And pork chops, half a sweet potato and asparagus for dinner. I ran great at the gym. Successful day!


Tuesday- Another good day. I ate everything the same as yesterday except for dinner (good thing I'm not easy to please). Tonight we had baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Lean meat, oranges, and greens...how can you go wrong?! I felt good again today. I wanted sugar a couple times today, probably because there is a huge tub of leftover Halloween candy in my room at work that I have to walk past 235 times a day. But I didn't have any!

Wednesday- Same. Good.

Thursday- Had some serious cravings today. I was tempted with homemade pumpkin bars, Doritos, and M&M's at work but I didn't have any of it! One of my co-workers was on my last nerve today and I was so irritated and I just really really wanted Starbucks when I got off work. I literally sat in my car for 10 minutes deciding whether or not to cheat and get some. I didn't. Go me!!

Friday and Saturday- I really wanted to get a Monster. But I didn't. I went to dinner at Olive Garden with some girlfriends and wanted nothing more than a giant plate of pasta but I got grilled chicken and risotto instead (under 575 calories...bonus!) And stuck with drinking only water.

Sunday- I caved and got a Monster. Oh well.

Monday, Tuesay, Wednesday- Fine. I wasn't as careful Wednesday...I was sort of over it. I eat healthy all the time so I just let myself have a couple Starbursts without beating myself up about it. Glad to be done.

All in all...I probably won't do it again. I didn't really see or feel any different. I lost about 2 pounds. It was ok but I thought I'd be able to feel more energized or something and I didn't. Meh.


No comments:

Post a Comment