Thursday, August 30, 2012

Random thought...or something

How do you be completely happy when important parts of your life are not how you want them to be?
 
This is the question of the day for me.
 
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy!! Very happy. I have the best family I could ask for and Rayce treats me like a queen. I'm healthy and have a job (or 4). Our bills get paid and there is food on our table. Except we don't even have a table...but you get what I mean. Being a social worker, I see how bad it can get. I see homelessness, drug addictions, neglected children...and I know how blessed I am and what a wonderful life I have. But I want more. Is that selfish or wrong of me? I'm sure it is. But it's the truth.
 
What I want most is to move back to North Carolina and live near my mom and my sister (and the ocean!) I want to only have to have one job and love it, not just deal with it because it pays me. I want to have the perfect body and not have to work for it. I want more friends. I feel like the friends I have are all drifting away from me and/or live too far away. I want to be financially stable to where we can buy a house and pay for a wedding (in a few years).
 
Am I the only one that feels like this? Am I a terrible person?
 
 
On a lighter note...here is a very inappropriate but hilarious clip from the movie Wanderlust...Paul Rudd is the bomb.com. Sorry if this offends anyone but I think it's pretty damn funny!
 


1 comment:

  1. I don't think those sounds too terribly unreasonable! Found you on wandering Wednesday. Good luck. I live 500+ miles from my family and I miss them all the time.

    ReplyDelete