Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

button
 
 
So I guess today I'm going to talk about what I've been doing for my workouts and healthy eating. Rayce and I have been doing Muscle and Fitness' "Superman workout." Check out the link if you want to really read and understand it, but basically what it is is supersets of exercises to work certain muscle groups. By doing supersets you work your muscles while also getting in some great cardio.
 
In addition to this workout, I've been doing extra cardio because I want that fat GONE! Just last week I started running jogging on the treadmill. The longest I've gone is a mile and a half...which is really good for me! Some days my asthma is worse and I can't run as long, which is ok. I'm getting better which is what counts!
 
As for what I eat...it's simple. We eat the same things over and over again. Boring, but healthy. No I'm not perfect. I still eat things from a box/can/some processed stuff...whatever. For breakfast I either have oatmeal drizzled with honey, a bowl of "healthy" cereal like Honey Nut Cherrios, or whole wheat toast with PB and banana. For lunch I almost always have a salad. Where I work we get homecooked lunches everyday so it's really hard for me to not eat what our cook makes. I usually have a little bit of whatever she makes...but I am much better at portion control now than I used to be. For dinner we just have some kind of lean protein like pork chops or chicken and a sweet potato or corn. I suck at making new recipes and we also don't have lots of extra money to spend on lots of ingredients so we just keep it simple. We don't mind. For snacks I have Special K bars, yogurt, fruit, carrots, trail mix, or crackers with PB or cheese. I could eat better, but I think I do pretty damn good.
 
Last night at the gym I decided that I'm going to take pictures of myself every Monday to show any progress I make. I took one Friday and put it next to a picture I took about 5 weeks ago. Even though I'm frustrated that I'm not losing pounds...I'm pretty happy with the progress. Inches are more important than pounds, right?!
 
 
April 29, 2013
 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Wow you look great! I can tell the difference! Good for you! I miss exercising and eating healthy. So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete