Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Burnt

So tomorrow the Mister's work is having a fish fry. Apparently one of the guys he works with has a 5 pound bucket of fish. He fishes all the time and once he has a shit ton, there is a fish fry at work. Lucky for me, I get to tag along! I love to eat fishies!! Not nearly as much as I liked to eat fishies in North Carolina...seafood is sooo much better on the coast. Duh. Anyways, we decided to bake some cookies to bring to the fish fry.

Mmmm Rayce's chocolate chips!

My peanut butters!

Everything was going swimmingly (don't think I've every actually used that word?) Until I hear "somethin's burning, Meg." We look over to the kitchen and the pan of delicious chocolate chip cookies is damn near on fire. I go over to the stove and realize that one of the burners is turned on high and we have no idea how that happened. Neither one of us used that burner at all today. I guess it got bumped or something and turned on? So now, our whole house smells like burnt. Burnt is one of my all time most hated smells. Makes me want to vom.

In other news, I had an interview today. Is it still considered an interview if I wasn't asked any questions besides "If you were to come aboard, are you looking for full time or part time?"
The position is for a life skills coach. I'm a bit intimidated by the position, but I think it would be an awesome opportunity for me. I came about this job by asking a friend if the agency she works for had any available positions. She answered with "Yeah! Can you come in for an interview next Wednesday?" I'm sooo ready to start a career in social work and this job actually pays well! I'm super hopeful and pretty optimistic about it. I was asked at the end of the interview if I would be interested in facilitating or co-facilitating a group for girls. I'm taking that as a good sign?! The sucky part is that I won't know until the end of the month. I've never been very good at waiting! 

I'm so glad my hunny is here. He worked a 13.5 day yesterday and ended up staying at his parent's house because he was right by our hometown which is 2 hours away. I don't like showering when he's not here...I feel like someone is going to break in my house and get me. I'm really 23 years old, promise.
and...
Because it's freakin adorbs. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment